A research project at the RTI is seeking participants for a simulation of autonomous driving. Participants will be invited to the George’s Building at the Oxford Robotics Institute and will be asked to put on a virtual reality (VR) headset. They will then have a series of short experiences of autonomous driving in a driving simulator. After each simulation is complete, they will complete a brief questionnaire. This should take about 40 – 50 minutes overall, and participants will be thanked with an Amazon voucher for £10.
- Must be between 18-65 years of age
- Have no underlying medical conditions that would preclude you from using a virtual reality headset.
- Can use a virtual reality headset without corrective lenses, or at the least, small frame eyeglasses that can fit properly into an HTC Vive Pro headset without discomfort.
- Able to physically attend the appointment at the Oxford Robotics Institute
- Able and willing to participate in a user study at the Oxford Robotics Institute.
About the research
This research is part of a doctoral research topic. It aims to investigate explanations in autonomous driving through an in-lab experiment. This study has been approved by the University of Oxford research ethics committee, approval number CS_C1A_021_040
Overview of the process
We will send you an information sheet and a consent form (which includes the right to photograph or film the exercise). If you have any questions, please email Daniel Omeiza.